Saturday 2 June 2018

🌱 Restoration Of A Friendship

I first met my childhood friend, Joel Heer, at my old church (Hebron) during one of the Sunday classes that I attended last time in church when I was 12 years old. I recognised that he was also from my primary school, De La Salle Primary School. From there on, we became good friends and always hung out with each other after church. During church events and camps, we would always stick together. After PSLE (Primary School Leaving Examinations), I started learning playing DM (Duel Masters) and I introduced Joel DM. We both started spending money buying more and more DM cards and started to play at our house and even during and after church. During the December Holidays, I would frequently visit Joel house to play DM, chess and computer games. We would sometimes play basketball too. Even though our PSLE scores were of great difference, even though we entered different academic streams, we still went to the same secondary school- Kranji Secondary School by God's grace. Even though we did not tell each other our choices for our secondary school that we keyed in the system, we were shocked that our first three choices were the same. It might be a coincidence, but I believe meeting him was a divine encounter from God.

After my Alevels, I went into army and he went into Poly. We grew apart as the rhythm of life split us apart. I messaged him and also Facebook message him to ask for meetups, but he did not reply back at all. The last time we met was in 2016, we went to Republic Polytechnic Open House together. For two to three years, we did not met at despite staying so close to each other, literally a neighbourhood away. In 2018, which would be this year I am typing this blog, I started to praying to God desperately for God to move and restore this friendship. After a while, he messaged me first stating he happened to saw me from his car which passed by me. I knew instantly that God was moving. After a while, we decided to meet up on 02/06/2018, have lunch at yew tee point. We had an awesome catch-up and ate at 18 chefs. While we were almost done eating, I saw Kin How, one of my secondary school friends whom I was good friends with but also lost contact. I called him out and He came to talk to us. We decided to talk cock and had a great catch-up. Kin How also knew Joel as they were both in the same CCA (Co-Curricular Activities). He was mutual friend. I thank God that fateful day. I thank God for listening to my prayers and answering them. I also thank God for instead of restoring just one friendship, He also extend His grace to me by restoring a second lost friendship.
     
Friends, after reading this, even though this might be a personal testimony, there could be still some takeaways. God will restore things, so do not give up and keep praying to God for restoration!

playing chess and duel masters to relieve childhood memories

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.