Wednesday 15 January 2020

⛳ Batam 2019 Dec 16-17

To celebrate and also as a birthday gift, my father decided to take me along for a short 2D1N trip to Batam along with my sister. We took the business class instead. Even though it was 10 dollars more, it was very worth it as the seats were very comfortable and there were lots of extra seats to choose from on the upper deck. In addition, the checking in service and queues was much shorter too.

Pic: me in the business class seats

It was about an hour ride for both the to and fro journeys. Once we reach the port we decided to have a simple breakfast then head for a massage and hair cut. I went for a hair cut, simple herbal hair treatment and wash followed by a simple head massage. Even though the currency there is weaker, the prices weren't still that cheap. I still enjoyed it though
Pic: breakfast
Pic: Hair treatment and cutting hair
Pic: New haircut

After that we then head to a hotel to have lunch, though not the one we are supposed to stay in. The Nasi Lemak was pretty delicious and cheap too. After that we head to our actual hotel and then load out our baggage before we head to Nagoya hills, one of the popular shopping center in Batam

Pic: Nasi Lemak at a hotel for lunch

At Nagoya, I got a lot of cheap stuffs like slippers, bags, pants, etc. My father's friend tag along and we watched a late evening movie, "Knives Out". The movie was not bad as the detective plot was super good. The movie ended late and we end up also spending time grabbing to the wrong places before finally grabbing to the correct places. We ate at a seafood restaurant. The food was super good and the fish was cooked on the spot on a electrical heater at the center of the round table. The vegetables was super good that we ordered an extra. I also enjoyed the chili crab a lot and its sauce.

Pic: Seafood Dinner

We wanted to sing K late at night but since it was super late we just head back straight to our hotel. The hotel room was super big as actually it was a mini suite and had two small rooms in it, which had a big bed enough to host around 2 to 3 people on it. My sister slept it one room and me and my dad slept on the other room. The next day, we just head to another mall, a more expensive one but still affordable. We ate Japanese and bought some more stuffs and head back to the port to head home.

Overall this was a pretty chill trip and I could have bought more stuffs, stayed at a resort near the beach and played some water sports instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.