Sunday 12 January 2020

πŸ“– SWAT 2019

This year, instead of going to ANNTIC, we have SWAT (Studying the Word of God Altogether) instead. We had combined our camp teachings with other schools such as NTU, SUSS, SIM, SMU, SIT, etc instead of just NUS alone. Our SWAT committee was only consist of people from different schools. This year, I chose to signed up as a BSL (Bible Study Leader) because be it in a small or big way, I would like to serve God because I love Him a lot and would like to glorify His name.

Each group consists of an average of 9-10 people. One of my group member did not came for the whole camp as she was sick unfortunately. I initially did not want to go for this camp as I wanted to join some internship or something else, when I realised I would also be going overseas to Batam for two short days in the middle of December on weekdays, I decided to just sign up for this camp in faith. 160 is actually kinda expensive and I was contemplating about the price as I missed the early bird discount too. However, my friends told me that money can always be earned back but time cant, especially when Anntic/Swat is only once per year. In addition, it could also be an offering of time and money upon to the Lord.

Like Anntic, Swat lasts also for six days. However, for this year, we have something different. We had a catching event on day 2 which was pretty fun but tiring at the same time. We have to strategise also if we want to win.

It was also such a coincidence that Kee Yong, one of my army friends, also happened to be in my same SWAT group. We reconnected and became closer during the camp and so stuffs together. It was also my first time staying in the bunk as last year during Anntic in Majodi, I stayed in the chalet instead. At first it was scary on the bed as I slept on the top and when I first climbed up, the bed was super shaky. Thank God I was safe throughout the 6 days of the camp and my bed did not break at all. The food was good there but I wish there were portions of meat and fruits. It was buffet style which was different from last year Anntic where everything would already be placed neatly on every tables.

I was also very thankful for my groups who were very participating and providing lots of valuable insights and thoughts to the group discussions. This year I also got enough sleep, about 7 to 8 hrs per day as we did not stay up late to htht unlike last year. In addition, I also got to explore a pathway which was scary cause I walked through it late at night. It was super dark and scary, but as Christians I know that Christ is much much much more stronger than anything else.

In my life, especially the three camps which I had been through, every time when people share about their life struggles I would always have nothing much to share as usually whenever something bad happens, there would always be almost a happy ending as God would always take me out of the fire. However, for this camp, there was an issue or rather a specific set of issue (which I will write later on) that I had/was facing. This time, God was actually delivering me through the fire instead of out of it. Through this camp, especially one of the workshops which I had went, God was ministering healing to me.

Overall, I pretty much enjoyed this camp and hope that my group will still remain in close contact after this camp.

Pic: My SWAT group members


Pic: All the campers

Pic: Engin CFers


Pic: Celebrating Sarah's Birthday on the actualy day itself!


Pic: Highly encourages by my church pals who went for SWAT too


Pic: Guohong carrying me


Pic: Me and Xiang Da at the sermon of the mount

Pic: my IBS classmates

Pic: A chinese letter/epistles that we wrote to the church in Hong Kong

Pic: Lunch at Ding Tai Fun (super cheap)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.